The EXTREME Water Filtration Straw includes the Seychelle™ EXTREME (RAD/ADVANCED) filter which combines the RADIOLOGICAL filter with the ADVANCED filter media and can be used with tap water or outside water sources such as flood waters, well water, rainwater, rivers, streams or even freshwater lakes. Can also be used with turbid water (stagnant) during emergencies. Cannot be used with brackish water or salt-water which may clog the filter.
Removes up to 90% of fluoride and up to 99.99% of listed Radioisotopes, contaminants and pollutants that may be found in tap water including chemicals (VOC’s) such as MTBE, Benzene, Chlorine, Chloroforms, DDT (THM’s); Dissolved Solids (heavy metals) such as Lead, Mercury, Copper, Zinc, Aluminum Arsenic, Asbestos, trihalomethanes, PCB, PCE, Chromium 6, and other detergents and pesticides.
- Filters and produces up to 25 gallons of safe drinking water.
- Removes up to 99.99% of listed radioisotopes and other contaminants.
- Carry case included
- Protects your family with clean, safe drinking water in the event of a radiological emergency.
- Tested to EPA/ANSI protocals and NSF Standards 42 and 53 by Broward Testing Laboratories.
- Removes up to 90% of fluoride.
- 100% free of BPA (bisphenol A)
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to use. Fits in your backpack or pocket.
- NELAC Radiological Test Data Report (pdf) shows tested and approved for up to 100% removal of the following radioisotopes:
Radium 226 (Alpha)
Contaminants and Pollutants
Removes up to 99.99% of toxic chemicals, contaminants, and pollutants found in municipal water including, but not limited to:
Aesthetic – unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment, chlorine and chlorine by-products.
Chemicals including Chlorine, Chloroforms, Radon 222, DDT, industrial VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), Trihalomethanes, PCBs, PCEs, Agricultural SOCs (Synthetic Organic Compounds), detergents, pesticides and up to 90% of fluoride.
Dissolved Solids and Heavy Metals including dirt, Arsenic, Asbestos, Lead, Mercury, Copper, Zinc, Aluminum, trihalomethanes, PCB, PCE, Chromium 6.
NELAC tested and approved for up to 100% removal of the following radioisotopes:
Radium 226 (Alpha)
Manufacturer warrants the portable water filtration system to the consumer for the period of 90 days from the date of purchase when used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. This guarantee does not cover improper use, failure to properly maintain unit, or premature clogging by processing non-municipal water.
Best price on great product. We tested at our own lab and works great.
We bought lots of these straws for our school system in Hawaii. Great product but hopefully never have to use them. Solid construction and very compact.