Questions about Iosat™ Potassium Iodide? View our FAQ and stockpiling guidelines
YES, IN STOCK! Ships via USPS from manufacturer’s Maryland distribution facility.
Iosat™ is the only FDA-Approved, full-strength potassium iodide tablet (130 mg) that may be legally sold in the U.S. for radiation protection. Iosat blocks the thyroid’s absorption of cancer-causing radioactive iodine released from nuclear reactor emergencies such as Fukushima or nuclear weapon fallout. View our FAQ
- April 2032 expiration date
- How much to buy? At least one pack per person (at each stockpile location) is recommended (see below).
- 14 130mg tablets per pack (small “baby-aspirin” sized)
- 14 day protection for adult (1 tablet each day of exposure)
- 28+ day protection for child (double-scored for exact dosing)
- Individually foil-sealed for single unit storage and dosing
- No prescription required – OTC
- FDA approved in 1982
- Made in the U.S.A. by Anbex, Inc.
- View Iosat Consumer Package Insert
How many packs should I stockpile?
Storing at least one pack (14 tablets) PER person for each location frequented (home, 2nd home, relative’s home, childcare, office, etc.) is our recommendation. Iosat Potassium Iodide tablets should be immediately available in the event of a nuclear radiation emergency. To be most effective, the first dose should be taken no later than 2-3 hours prior to potential exposure to radioactive iodine (as directed by public health officials). Then, one dose every day (same time) until your family has evacuated to an uncontaminated area, and then stop taking the tablets (as directed by public health officials). Any remaining tablets will still be foil-sealed and available for a future need.
Nukepills, Inc. manages the sales and marketing division for Anbex, Inc., the U.S.-based manufacturer of Iosat™ Potassium Iodide. We also operate and manage Anbex’s worldwide wholesale distribution facility based in Maryland. Nukepills.com was founded in 1999 as a means of supplying Nuclear, Biological and Chemical protection products directly to the general public and now has international sales programs throughout Canada, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.