Our premium radiation protection kit for a family includes two FDA-Approved brands of potassium iodide for up to 5 people. This kit is specifically designed for use during a nuclear radiation emergency such as the Fukushima and Chernobyl Nuclear Reactor accidents or fallout from a nuclear bomb in which a radioactive iodine (I-131) is released into the atmosphere. For more info on radioactive iodine please visit our potassium iodide FAQ.
Note that both brands of Potassium Iodide can be used by adults and children. We recommended at least one pack of potassium iodide per person per location stored. Additional potassium iodide and all of the other components can be purchased separately to supplement what is in the PLUS Kit.
- 3 Iosat Potassium Iodide packs (14 130mg tablets per pack)
- 2 ThyroSafe Potassium Iodide pack (65mg tablets for children)
- 1 8 oz Radiacwash Spray Mist bottle for radioactive iodine decontamination.
- 2 Pairs Disposable Vinyl Gloves
- 10 Radiation-Wipes for radiation decontamination. Used with Radiacwash.
- 1 Rad-Waste bag for disposal of contaminated wipes, gloves and clothing
- 1 Radiation Water Filtration Straw filters radioisotopes from potable drinking supplies.
- 1 RADTriage Radiation Detector instantly detects radiation.
- 1 Red Gable Carry Case