Rad-Wipes for Radiation Decontamination
- The orange plastic backing on Rad-Wipes™ prevent seep-through of decontamination solutions, such as Iodowash™ and Radiacwash™, thus preventing the subsequent transmission of contaminated solution from your gloves to other surfaces, including skin, phone, or anything else you may touch with the glove. The white heavy-absorbent side of Rad-Wipes soak up decontamination solutions up to 12 times their weight. Used extensively in hospitals and labs.
- The orange polyethylene backing is impermeable to strong solvents, including xylene and xylene substitutes acetone, ketones, alcohols, and formalin.
- Size is 8″x9″, absorbing up to 12 times its weight.
- The wipes do not contain any decontamination solutions. They are to be used in conjunction with decontamination solutions such as Iodowash™ and Radiacwash™. Vinyl gloves are recommended.
Rad-Wipes serve multiple purposes:
- Wiping and cleaning pipettes, probes, slide prep devices, equipment.
- Cleaning up small or large spills.
- Preventing splashing when popping caps on blood and specimen tubes.
- Containing leaks and protecting bench tops, when lining counters and trays.
- Serve as an adjunct to gloves in protecting employees and limiting cross-contamination.
Rad-Wipes Reduce Costs When Utilization Considered:
- Employees typically grab several pieces of gauze or paper wipes to absorb fluids.. with Rad-Wipes, only ONE Wipe is used because there is no soak through. When utilization is factored in, costs are equivalent or lower with Rad-Wipes.
- Glove changes are more frequent with gauze or paper wipes, due to soak through.