Iodowash™ Decontamination Kit
Radioactive Iodine Decontamination Solution
Iodowash™ is specifically formulated to decontaminate radioactive iodine (I-131) from a nuclear fission source. One of the most feared consequences of a nuclear reactor accident or nuclear bomb is the release of a radioactive iodine plume into the environment. Radioactive Iodine (I-131) is a by-product of nuclear fission which occurs only within a nuclear reactor or during detonation of a nuclear bomb. (More info on radioactive iodine).
- For I-131, I-125, I-123 and equally effective for F-18 and other halogens.
- Iodowash™ is ideal for hospital I-131 therapy rooms. Return your room to background levels as soon as your patient leaves. No waiting for decay.
- Iodowash™ decontaminates all surfaces and is gentle enough for use on intact skin.
- Iodowash™ decontaminates by chemically binding the radioactive halogen to a small resin sphere (0.6 to 1.2 mm) which can easily be be wiped up. Typically a single use will remove up to 100% of the contamination.
- Although chemically designed to decontaminate I-131, I-125, and I-123, it is equally effective for F-18 and other halogens
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security in their Guide for the Selection of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Decontamination Equipment for Emergency First Responders (page 50, Section 3.5.2) has referenced Iodowash as one of the patent pending, proprietary, water-based solutions that have been developed that remove radioactive contamination to acceptable levels by dislocating radioactive ions, enabling them to be removed.
Iodowash Decontamination Solutions
Radiacwash Decontamination Solutions
General purpose for nuclear and dirty bomb type radiation