Iodowash™ Decontamination Kit
Radioactive Iodine Decontamination Solution
Iodowash™ is specifically formulated to decontaminate radioactive iodine (I-131) from a nuclear fission source. One of the most feared consequences of a nuclear reactor accident or nuclear bomb is the release of a radioactive iodine plume into the environment. Radioactive Iodine (I-131) is a by-product of nuclear fission which occurs only within a nuclear reactor or during detonation of a nuclear bomb. (More info on radioactive iodine).
- For I-131, I-125, I-123 and equally effective for F-18 and other halogens.
- Iodowash™ is ideal for hospital I-131 therapy rooms. Return your room to background levels as soon as your patient leaves. No waiting for decay.
- Iodowash™ decontaminates all surfaces and is gentle enough for use on intact skin.
- Iodowash™ decontaminates by chemically binding the radioactive halogen to a small resin sphere (0.6 to 1.2 mm) which can easily be be wiped up. Typically a single use will remove up to 100% of the contamination.
- Although chemically designed to decontaminate I-131, I-125, and I-123, it is equally effective for F-18 and other halogens
Iodowash Decontamination Solutions
Radiacwash Decontamination Solutions
General purpose for nuclear and dirty bomb type radiation